Tryon Creek at Boones Ferry Road Culvert Replacement Project
The project will replace the Boones Ferry Road culvert to provide fish passage upstream of Boones Ferry Road into Upper Tryon Creek and Arnold Creek while meeting all City of Portland stormwater and sewer design criteria for conveyance of design flows. The culvert currently blocks all upstream fish passage and is undersized for storm flow conveyance.
- Replace culvert for fish passage and conveyance.
- Stream restoration to protect habitat, minimize erosion, and improve water quality.
- Protect exposed sewer pipe on Tryon Creek, upstream of existing culvert.
- Remove physical and hydraulic barriers for fish passage and to improve stream connectivity for fish population productivity.
- Design and install channel enhancements for fish habitat such as large wood and rock.
- Install fish monitoring equipment to be in use before and after project construction.
- Provide pedestrian and wildlife passage through the proposed culvert structure.
- Provide trail connectivity to the Tryon Creek State Natural Area North Creek Trailhead. Trail enhancements may include the undercrossing through the culvert, stairs to roadway, sidewalk to trailhead, and an interpretive area.
Project design has started. Environmental Services expects to begin construction in summer 2015.