Environmental Services is designing the project and expects to begin construction in spring 2018.
The project will replace the Boones Ferry Road culvert to allow fish to access Upper Tryon Creek and Arnold Creek upstream of SW Boones Ferry Road. The existing culvert blocks all upstream fish passage and restricts stream flow.
- Replace culvert with a bridge for fish passage and conveyance.
- Stream restoration to protect habitat, minimize erosion, and improve water quality.
- Protect exposed sewer pipe on Tryon Creek, upstream of existing culvert.
- Remove barriers for fish passage and improve stream connectivity for fish population productivity.
- Design and install channel enhancements for fish habitat such as large wood and rock.
- Provide pedestrian and wildlife passage through the culvert structure.
- Provide trail connectivity to the Tryon Creek State Natural Area North Creek Trailhead. Trail enhancements include a trail under the bridge, stairs to roadway, and a widened shoulder to trailhead.