Environmental Services and the Oregon Department of Transportation are constructing a series of terraced stormwater rain gardens and pipes to collect sediments and pollutants before the water enters Tryon Creek.
The Portland Noise Control Office granted Environmental Services a noise variance to allow night work. If you have questions or concerns during night work, you can call the City of Portland on-site hotline at 503-823-6290. You can also contact the Portland Noise Control Office at 503-823-7350 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions or concerns about the project during regular business hours, please contact Joe Annett at 503-823-2934 or email@example.com. Any noise-related comments will also be forwarded to the Noise Office.
What to Expect During Construction
- Daytime work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Night work hours are 8:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and Sunday work hours are 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Some streets will close to through traffic during work hours, but the contractor will maintain local access. You may experience delays getting to your home or business.
- Parking is prohibited in work zones during work hours.
- TriMet will relocate some bus routes and bus stops during construction phases. Go to trimet.org to see schedule changes or call 503-238-7433.
- Construction will not interrupt other utilities.
- The city construction inspector on-site during work hours may be able to help you with any immediate needs.
- Equipment and materials will be secured on the street after work hours.
For More Information
Contact Joe Annett at 503-823-2934 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns such as maintaining driveway access, business operations, medical deliveries, etc. To receive project updates by email, send an email to email@example.com and type "Terraced Rain Gardens" in the subject line.