Terraced Rain Gardens Project
I-5, SW Barbur, SW 26th Stormwater Management
I-5 Northbound Overnight Lane and Shoulder Closure
JANUARY 22, 2015
CONTACT: Joe Annett, 503-823-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org
Environmental Services and the Oregon Department of Transportation are constructing a series of terraced stormwater rain gardens and pipes to collect sediments and pollutants before the water enters Tryon Creek. The city’s contractor began installing pipe this week across the right lane and shoulder of I-5 northbound (see number 1 on the map). The work will continue for about six weeks.
Beginning this week, the right lane and shoulder of northbound I-5 will close during construction hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. and on Sundays from 9:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. This schedule is subject to change due to conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
The Portland Noise Control Office granted Environmental Services a noise variance to allow night work. If you have questions or concerns during night work, you can call the City of Portland on-site hotline at 503-823-6290. You can also contact the Portland Noise Control Office at 503-823-7350 or email@example.com. If you have questions or concerns about the project during regular business hours, please contact Joe Annett at 503-823-2934 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Any noise-related comments will also be forwarded to the Noise Office.
Get Project Updates
- On the web: www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/article/480340
- Sign up for email updates by emailing email@example.com and typing "Terraced Rain Gardens" in the subject line.
What to Expect During Construction
- Daytime work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Night work hours are 8:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and Sunday work hours are 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Some streets will close to through traffic during work hours, but the contractor will maintain local access. You may experience delays getting to your home or business.
- Parking is prohibited in work zones during work hours.
- TriMet will relocate some bus routes and bus stops during construction phases. Go to trimet.org to see schedule changes or call 503-238-7433.
- Construction will not interrupt other utilities.
- The city construction inspector on-site during work hours may be able to help you with any immediate needs.
- Equipment and materials will be secured on the street after work hours.
- Please contact Joe Annett at 503-823-2934 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns such as maintaining driveway access, business operations, medical deliveries, etc.