Terraced Rain Gardens Project
I-5, SW Barbur, SW 26th Stormwater Management
SW Barbur Boulevard Lane Restrictions
CONTACT: Joe Annett, 503-823-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org
The city’s contractor will begin installing pipe across SW Barbur Boulevard the week of November 17 and the work will continue for about four weeks (see number 2 on the map). Environmental Services and the Oregon Department of Transportation are constructing a series of terraced stormwater rain gardens and collection pipes to collect sediments and pollutants before the water enters Tryon Creek. The project includes installing new pipes that will direct stormwater from various locations into these facilities for filtration.
Starting the week of November 17, excavation will occur in phases going from east to west across Barbur with lane restrictions during construction hours:
- SW Barbur Boulevard northbound crossing will restrict lanes from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- SW Barbur Boulevard southbound crossing will restrict lanes from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Please be aware that this schedule is subject to change due to conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
Get Project Updates
- On the web: www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/article/480340
- Sign up for email updates by emailing email@example.com and typing "Terraced Rain Gardens" in the subject line.
What to Expect During Construction
- Daytime work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Night work hours are 8:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. You will receive notification before overnight construction begins.
- Some streets will close to through traffic during work hours, but the contractor will maintain local access. You may experience delays getting to your home or business.
- Parking is prohibited in work zones during work hours.
- TriMet will relocate some bus routes and bus stops during construction phases. Go to www.trimet.org to see schedule changes or call 503-238-7433.
- Construction will not interrupt other utilities.
- The city construction inspector on-site during work hours may be able to help you with any immediate needs.
- Equipment and materials will be secured on the street after work hours.
- Please contact me if you have concerns such as maintaining driveway access, business operations, medical deliveries, etc.