- Portland Parks West Side (Mary Verrilli, 503-823-3681) or Willamette River (Marissa Dorais, 503-823-7016) Volunteer Coordinators
West Willamette Neighborhood Groups
- Friends of Marquam Nature Park, Robin Jensen, 503-799-8435
- Friends of Terwilliger, Robin Vesey, 503-293-1069
- West Willamette Restoration Partnership, Watershed Resource Center, 503-823-2862
- South Portland Riverbank Partners, Marissa Dorais, 503-823-7016
- Stephens Creek Stewards, Jen Seamans, 503-823-2862
Tryon Neighborhood Groups
- Friends of Tryon Creek State Park, 503-636-4398
- Tryon Creek Watershed Council, Corrina Chase, firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-636-4398
- Friends of Marshall and Maricara Parks, John DeLance, email@example.com
Fanno Neighborhood Groups
- Friends of Vermont Creek, Jen Seamans, 503-823-2862
- Friends of Woods Park, Kevin Duff, 503-998-9417
- Bridlemile Creek Stewards, Steve Mullinax, 503-768-9065
- Friends of April Hill Park, Jill Gaddis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends of Dickinson Park, Tony Hansen, 503-317-3914
- Multnomah Village Gateway Project, Randy Bonella, 503-803-5963
- PCC Habitat Team at Sylvania Natural Area Park, April Ann Fong, email@example.com
Apply for a Community Watershed Stewardship Grant
- The Community Watershed Stewardship Program (CWSP), a partnership between Environmental Services and Portland State University, offers funding for community projects, helps plan projects, and can connect community groups with resources for their projects.
Shannon Jamison, 503-823-7917, www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/stewardship
Apply for a Treebate
- Every tree planted in Portland contributes to clean rivers and healthy watersheds. Plant a tree in your yard and get a Treebate!
Jennifer Karps, 503-823-2263, www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/treebate
Backyard Habitat Certification Program (Columbia Land Trust and Audubon Society)
- Certify your own yard and help your community do the same! This program provides technical assistance and discounts on plants, soil, amendments and tools to private property and small lot owners (less than one acre) to restore native wildlife habitat in their backyards and help manage on-site stormwater runoff.
Gaylen Beatty, 503-841-5918 or www.columbialandtrust.org
West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District
- The West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District may be able to help with neighborhood-scale restoration projects, invasive weed removal, school gardens, grants and conservation workshops.
Visit www.wmswcd.org to learn more.
Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc.
- Jen Seamans, 503-823-2862, http://wrc.swni.org