CONTACT: Joseph Annett, 503-823-2934, email@example.com
Environmental Services is continuing construction on a project in your neighborhood to repair about 20,000 feet of deteriorating sewer pipes that are failing due to age. There will be construction at multiple sites in southwest, north, northeast and southeast Portland. The work will include repairing or replacing the public sewer main, manholes, storm drains, and sewer service laterals to the curb.
This project will protect public health and the environment by reducing the possibility of costly breaks, leaks, blockages and sewage releases to the streets.
There are still some tasks that will be performed at this site and are expected to be completed by the end of June.The lining at this location has been completed..
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction crews will do most of the sewer lining work through manholes in streets.
- Typical work hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor can also choose to work on Saturdays if necessary.
- Roads will be closed to through traffic, but local residents will have access from one direction. You may experience delays.
- If work is right at your driveway and you have to use your vehicle, you will need to move it before the work starts.
- The contractor will repair most of the pipe using cured-in-place pipe lining. Go to www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/methods for more information.
- Preparation and restoration will take a couple of days to complete but the pipe lining process should only take one day at each location.
- You may notice an odor during the pipe lining process but it will dissipate quickly.
- On-street parking in or near the work area will be prohibited during work hours.
- Equipment and materials will be stored on nearby streets overnight.
- A city construction inspector will be on-site during work hours, and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a green City of Portland safety vest and hard hat.
- Let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues or medical deliveries.
To receive email updates about the project email firstname.lastname@example.org with "CIPP 2014" in the subject line.