Portland Ecoroof Symposium
Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 8:30am - 6:00pm
World Trade Conference Center, 121 SW Salmon 2WTC, Portland, Oregon
The sixth annual Portland Ecoroof Symposium will take place on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at the World Trade Conference Center in downtown Portland. The event will feature local and regional experts sharing scientific research and case studies that explore the true costs and savings of ecoroofs. The event is open to the public, and targeted toward architects, landscape architects, developers, building owners and facility managers. The Symposium also features a Vendor Showcase of leading green roof companies from Portland and the surrounding region.
The 2014 Ecoroof Symposium is sponsored by the City of Portland Environmental Services, the Oregon Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects, and the American Institute of Architects Portland.
The keynote speaker for the 2014 Ecoroof Symposium is Anne Whiston Spirn, Professor of Landscape Architecture and Planning at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Anne is a teacher, photographer, landscape architect, and author of many books, including the Granite Garden: Urban Nature and Human Design, named one of the past century's "100 Essential Books of Planning" by the American Planning Association.
The Symposium program will feature the following presentations:
- How Commercial Property Investment in Green Roofs and other Green Infrastructure Improvements Can Create Value Janet Clements, Senior Economist, Stratus Consulting
- Acoustical Characteristics of Green Roofs and Living Walls: Effects on Indoor and Outdoor Acoustical Environments Dr. Maureen Connelly PhD, MAIBC Director, Faculty Centre for Architectural Ecology, School of Construction and the Environment, British Columbia Institute of Technology
- The Janey Apartment Ecoroofs: The Business Case Agustin Enriquez V, AIA, LEED AP - Principal, GBD Architects Incorporated & Kurt Lango - Principal, Lango Hansen Landscape Architecture PC
- Getting to the Root of Green Roof Retrofits Ilana Judah, Intl Assoc. AIA, OAQ, LEED AP BD+C, Director of Sustainability, FOWLEFX Architects
- Design+Science: Linking Green Roof Research to Practice Jason King, ASLA, LEED AP, Senior Landscape Architect, Herrera Consulting
- White, Black or Green: Disaggregation of Value Proposition is a Major Challenge for Green Roofs Aditya Ranade, PhD, MBA - Senior Analyst, Lux Research
- The Developing Problems in Multifamily Roof Design and How Ecoroofs are Part of the Solution Shawn Sullivan, Development Manager at Winkler Development Corporation
Registration for the event is $50, which includes coffee service, lunch, and refreshments in the morning and afternoon. Click here to begin the registration process.
Vendors interested in participating in the Vendor Showcase can reserve a table with an additional $25 fee. Vendor applications are separate from the event registration, and can be found here.
Visit the event website for more information!