Posted on May 5, 2014
The City of Portland, Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) owns the property located at 2439 NW 22nd Avenue and the lot to the north (Pope Property). BES no longer needs the property for on-going operations and it is excess to the bureau’s needs, except for maintenance access to on-site sewer facilities.
BES has provided a 45-day notice to other city bureaus and public agencies. If these bureaus and agencies express no interest, BES may request that the Portland City Council declare the property surplus and authorize BES to list the property for sale on the open market for the best terms, price and conditions available.
- 2439 NW 22nd Avenue (two tax accounts – R269756 & R269755)
- Vacant graveled site, approximately 32,000 square feet in size, with frontage along NW Nicolai Street and NW 22nd Avenue and Place in Portland’s Northwest Industrial District
- Zoned IG1, General Industrial
- 2013/2014 tax assessed market value is $788,750.00
See site-specific information at PortlandMaps.com:
Once the public sale process begins, the city will re-post the property “For Sale” and receive offers.
For More Information
Contact the BES Property Manager at 503-823-7740.
Surplus Property Process
- Two-week notice to other city bureaus
- 45-day notice to Metro; Multnomah, Washington or Clackamas County; State of Oregon; and affected neighborhood coalition and association
- Property identified on the city’s website
- Property posted with an informational sign
- Printed public notice published in the Oregonian and Daily Journal of Commerce
- If no interest is expressed from city bureaus or public agencies, BES may ask City Council to declare the property surplus and authorize BES to list the property for sale on the open market for the best terms, price and conditions available. This action will take place at a regularly-scheduled City Council meeting, the date of which is not yet known. Written comments may be submitted before the City Council meeting and public testimony will be taken at the meeting.
- Upon the effective date of the Ordinance declaring the property surplus, BES will proceed with a public offering of the property, with or without a real estate agent. The property will be posted with a new “For Sale” sign and no offers will be accepted by BES until at least 30 days after this “For Sale” sign is posted.
- BES will update this web page as the property moves through the process.
2439 NW 22nd Avenue (+ lot to the north)