NE 47th Avenue Street Improvements
Construction of two sewer pump stations at the north end of NE 42nd Avenue and on the east side of NE 47th Avenue is nearly complete. In the project’s final phase, Environmental Services will plant a street tree and construct a sidewalk, curb and green street planter on NE 47th Avenue (see map). Construction will start the week of September 15 and will take about a month to complete.
The work will restrict traffic lanes on NE 47th. Motorists should expect delays during work hours, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on weekdays and 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m on Saturdays.
The South Airport Project will connect about 100 homes and businesses that have been using septic systems to the public sanitary sewer and will protect public health, property and the environment.
What to Expect During Construction
- Parking is prohibited in work zones during work hours.
- There will be lane restrictions during specified work hours. Please expect delays.
- The on-site city construction inspector should be able to help you with construction concerns during work hours. Inspectors typically wear a green City of Portland safety vest and hard hat.
- Construction will not interrupt your sewer service or other utilities.
- Let us know if you have concerns such as maintaining driveway access, business operations, or medical deliveries.
The City of Portland complies with all non-discrimination laws including Title VI (Civil Rights) and Title II (ADA). To request a translation, accommodation or additional information, please call 503-823-7740, or use City TTY 503-823-6868, or Oregon Relay Service: 711.