Environmental Services is constructing two sewer pump stations at the north end of NE 42nd Avenue and on the east side of NE 47th Avenue (see map below). This project will connect about 100 homes and businesses that have been using septic systems to the public sanitary sewer. This project will help protect public health, property and the environment.
The city’s contractor is installing the pipe connections to the pump stations at NE 47th Avenue. This work will require lane closures on NE 47th Avenue near the pump station.The pipe installation and repaving work will require closures of the east side and then the west side of NE 47th Avenue. When the road is reduced to one lane, flaggers will direct two-way traffic through the work area. Please be aware and follow flagger directions to ensure a safe environment for all in this area. This phase of the project will take several weeks to complete, followed by paving. The overall completion and startup of the pump stations should take place in January 2015.
What to Expect During Construction
- Work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may choose to work during the same hours on Saturday if necessary.
- Parking will be prohibited in work zones during work hours.
- There will be lane restrictions -- you should expect delays.
- The on-site city construction inspector should be able to help you with construction concerns during work hours. Inspectors typically wear a green safety vest and hard hat.
- Construction will not interrupt your sewer service or other utilities.
- Let us know if you have concerns such as maintaining driveway access, business operations, or medical deliveries.
For More Information
Contact Joe Annett at 503-823-2934. To receive email updates for this project, send an email to Joe Annett at firstname.lastname@example.org with “SouthAirport” in the subject line.