Environmental Services – your sewer and stormwater service provider – will replace and upsize about 270 feet of public sewer pipes on SE Division Place between SE 6th and SE 7th avenues that are between 95 and 106 years old. This project will increase sewer capacity and reduce the risks of sewage releases to homes and streets.
The work will include replacing storm drains, a manhole and service laterals from the curb to the public sewer in the street.
Construction Methods and Traffic Control
The contractor will use open cut trench construction to install the manhole, storm drains and connections and jack and bore construction to install sewer main.
Go to www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/methods for more information about construction methods.
Jacking and boring will require excavation of three shafts at the locations show on the map above. Construction will close the westbound lane of SE Division Place. The eastbound lane will remain open. SE Division Place will be one way eastbound between SE 6th and 7th avenues throughout the project.
The work is tentatively scheduled to begin the first part of July and will take about six months to complete. You will receive notice once our contractor has submitted a schedule for the project.
What to Expect During Construction
- Work hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.The contractor may also work on Saturdays if necessary.
- We will notify residents and businesses in advance of night work.
- Sewer construction by nature is loud, vibration is often felt in buildings, work zones can become dusty, and normal neighborhood activity is disrupted.
- Roads will be closed to through traffic, but local residents will have access from one direction. You may experience delays.
- On-street parking in or near the work area will be prohibited during work hours.
- Equipment and materials will be stored on nearby streets overnight.
- A city construction inspector will be on-site during work hours, and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a green City of Portland safety vest and hard hat.
- Let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues or medical deliveries.
Environmental Services is committed to keeping residents, businesses and property owners informed. We encourage you to sign up now for the project’s email update list. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Divisionplace” in the subject line to be added to the list. Throughout the project, please contact Joe Annett with concerns or questions at 503-823-2934 or email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have concerns such as business or freight operations, disability issues or medical or business deliveries. We will work with you to address your concerns.
The City of Portland complies with all non-discrimination laws including Title VI (Civil Rights) and Title II (ADA). To request a translation, accommodation or additional information, please call 503-823-7740, or use City TTY 503-823-6868, or Oregon Relay Service: 711