Environmental Services – your sewer and stormwater service provider – will replace and upsize about 270 feet of public sewer pipes on SE Division Place between SE 6th and SE 7th avenues that are between 95 and 106 years old. This project will increase sewer capacity and reduce the risks of sewage releases to homes and streets.
The work will include replacing storm drains, a manhole and service laterals from the curb to the public sewer in the street.
Construction Methods and Traffic Control
The contractor will use open cut trench excavation to complete the entire project. Go to www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/opentrench for more information about construction methods.
During the daytime work hours of 7am to 6pm Monday through Friday SE Division Place will be one way eastbound between SE 6th and 7th avenues throughout the project. Our flaggers will aid semi trucks to navigate the work area for deliveries, but all other motorists will be detoured for west bound traffic on SE Division.
The first phase of the pipe installation has begun and will take about a week to complete. The crew will then begin installing the storm drains and pipes on the southeast side of SE Division Place at SE 6th Avenue. Pipe installation will then continue east on SE Division Place. The entire project is expected to take about six months to complete
What to Expect During Construction
- Work hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.The contractor may also work on Saturdays if necessary.
- By pass pumps will be running 24/7 throughout the entire project.
- Sewer construction by nature is loud, vibration is often felt in buildings, work zones can become dusty, and normal neighborhood activity is disrupted.
- Roads will be closed to through traffic, but local residents and businesses will have access from one direction. You may experience delays.
- On-street parking in or near the work area will be prohibited during work hours.
- Equipment and materials will be stored on nearby streets and in a staging area overnight.
- A city construction inspector will be on-site during work hours, and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a green City of Portland safety vest and hard hat.
- Let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues or medical deliveries.
Environmental Services is committed to keeping residents, businesses and property owners informed. We encourage you to sign up now for the project’s email update list. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Divisionplace” in the subject line to be added to the list. Throughout the project, please contact Joe Annett with concerns or questions at 503-823-2934 or email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your cooperation during this project.