- Construction is scheduled to begin in July 2014 and will take about one year to complete.
- Typical construction hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays, if necessary.
- Construction will create noise, vibration, dust, and traffic impacts that will disrupt normal neighborhood activity.
- You should expect traffic delays. Traffic control signs will be set up, and flaggers may direct traffic on higher-volume streets.
- You may see barricades and orange signs reading “ROAD CLOSED to Thru Traffic – Local Access Only.” These signs are intended to reduce overall traffic going through the area while construction is underway but anyone who lives in or needs to conduct business within the construction zone will be allowed access.
- On-street parking in, or near, the work area will be prohibited during construction hours. Please plan to move your vehicle by 7:00 a.m. to avoid towing.
- Equipment and materials may be stored on neighborhood streets overnight while crews are in the area.
- You will receive a door-hanger notice a few days before work starts on your street. Outreach staff will provide periodic updates via mail and email that will include a look-ahead construction schedule.
- Please be aware that the construction schedule is subject to change due to a variety of factors, including conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
- Safety is our top priority for every construction site. You can help keep the area safe by staying clear of all construction activities and keeping children, pets and vehicles out of construction areas.
- A city inspector will be on-site during work hours and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a hard hat and safety vest with “City of Portland” on the back.
- Construction crews will move from one site to another to work on each phase of the project. There will be periods of inactivity between phases.
- Work crews will restore sidewalks, driveway aprons, planting strips and other areas disturbed by construction.
- Construction will not interrupt your home or business sewer service. Work crews will temporarily divert sewage flows around construction areas.
1120 SW 5th Avenue, Room 1000, Portland, OR 97204