Environmental Services is preparing for construction on a project that will upgrade the capacity of the Southwest Parallel interceptor sewer system along SW Taylors Ferry Road and SW Virginia Avenue to accommodate future peak flows. This project will install about a 1000 feet of new 24 inch concrete pipe on SW Taylors Ferry and 800 feet of new 48 inch concrete pipe on SW Virginia. Crews will also construct a permanent odor control facility in response to past odor complaints.
The project may begin as early as November of this year and will take about a year to complete.
The pipe installation on SW Virginia and Taylors Ferry will be done using both open trench excavation and cured in place pipe replacement methods. Go to the construction methods webpage for more information.
What to Expect During construction
- Work hours on SW Virginia are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Work on SW Taylors Ferry will be performed during the night, between 8:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. on Monday through Saturday, and on Sunday between 9:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- There will be lane restrictions and limited access within the project area.You will have access to your property during work hours, but you may be delayed entering or leaving your street or driveway.
- On-street parking in or near the work area will be prohibited during work hours.
- Equipment and materials may be stored within the work area and on nearby streets overnight.
- You may notice an odor during the CIPP pipe lining process but it will dissipate quickly.
- Public utilities will not be interrupted during construction.
- A city construction inspector will be on-site during work hours, and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a City of Portland safety vest and a hard hat.
For More Information
For more information, please contact Joe Annett at 503-823-2934 or email@example.com. To be added to an email update list, email Joe with "SW Ventilation" in the subject line. Please also let us know if you have concerns such as business operations or deliveries, disability issues or medical deliveries.
Thank you for your interest in this important sewer repair and odor control project.