STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
Job Title: Educational Preschool Assistant
Agency: East Portland Community Center (Portland Parks & Recreation)
Contact Person: Sarah Cooper
Phone: (503) 823-3450
Address: 740 SE 106th Ave, Portland, OR 97216 (in the Mall 205 area)
Pay: $9.00-$10.00, depending on experience
Description of Duties:
- Assists on-site educational preschool activities in a classroom setting.
- Set-up & clean-up of activities; assists in classroom student management as requested.
- Plan & implement room decorations & set-up learning stations.
- Work with individual students as requested.
- Provides information to the public concerning recreation programs.
- Provide a high level of customer service in all interactions with the general public, co-workers, and those contacted within the course of work.
- Ability to take initiative, be creative in developing support materials, understand age levels & abilities of children 2 ½-5 years.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with lead teacher, parents & recreation staff.
Work Schedule: Fall, Winter, Spring Terms
- Mon/Wed: 8:15 - 11:45 a.m. & 11:45 - 3:45 p.m.
- Tues/Thurs: 8:15 - 10:45 a.m., 10:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. & 1:15 - 4:45 p.m.
* Shifts can be combined for a longer day.
# Of Positions: Up to 5, depending on availability