STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
Job Title: Educational Preschool Assistant
Agency: Portland Parks & Recreation, OR
Contact Person: Jeanne Kraje
Phone: (503) 823-2832
Address: Office: 6433 NE Tillamook, PDX OR 97213
Work placement addresses vary per site (Charles Jordan Community center, Dishman CC, East Portland CC, Hillside CC, Montavilla CC, Peninsula CC, St Johns CC, Woodstock CC)
Pay: $9.00-$10.00, depending on experience
Description of Duties:
- Assists with on-site educational preschool activities in a classroom setting.
- Set-up & clean-up of activities.
- Assists in classroom student management as requested by teacher.
- Plan & implement room decorations, themed activities & set-up learning stations.
- Work with individual students as requested.
- Provide a high level of customer service in all interactions with the general public, parents, co-workers, and others contacted within the course of work.
- Ability to take initiative, be creative in developing support materials, understand age levels & abilities of children 3-5 years.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with lead teacher, parents & recreation staff.
- Desire to work with and interact with young children
Work Schedule: Fall, Winter, Spring Terms, varies per site. Typically:
- Mon/Wed/Fri: and Tues/Thurs 8:45 – 12:15 p.m. & 12:30-3:30 p.m.
* Shifts can be combined for a longer day.
# Of Positions: 14 positions available to start Fall 2014