STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
Job Title: Recreation Leader – Teen Specialty
Agency: East Portland Community Center (Portland Parks & Recreation)
Contact Person: Dee Finch
Address: 740 SE 106th Ave, Portland, OR 97216 (in the Mall 205 area)
Pay: $9.00-$10.00, depending on experience
Description of Duties:
- Assist in the organization and implementation of activities and programs offered at East Portland Community Center for middle school and high school students. Activities include sports, Wii, Dance Dance Revolution, music, chess and more.
- Assist in student management, preparing program materials and supplies.
- Assist with set-up & clean-up of activities.
- Plan & implement room decorations & set-up learning stations.
- Supervise activities and communicate with participants, parents and staff regarding appropriate behavior.
- Provide information to the public concerning recreation programs.
- Prior experience with teen populations is helpful.
- Individual needs to be mature and provide positive role modeling of social skills and communication skills for youth ages 8-18.
- Ability to do the following: relate to youth; understand age levels & abilities of youth; take initiative; suggest creative programs; promote fair play; assist kids in organizing games/activities; and possess good communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with lead teen staff, parents & community center staff.
Work Schedule: After school program operates 2:45-5pm, Monday – Friday. Would need to be available two or more of these days.
# Of Positions: Up to 2, depending on availability