STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
Job Title: Help Desk IT Support Specialist
Agency: Bureau of Technology Services
Contact Person: Nelson Zenzano
Phone: (503) 865-2739
Address: 1900 SW 4th Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97201
Description of Duties:
- Work in the Help Desk Division of the Bureau of Technology Services.
- Assist Help Desk Division personnel with various IT related duties as needed.
- Other duties may include some clerical duties such as in-house mail distribution, logs, copy, filing, and inventory.
- IT Help Desk or equivalent knowledge and/or experience preferred, but not required.
- Possess knowledge of, or ability to learn, various computer systems.
- Applicants are required to be actively enrolled in college and have a Federal Work-Study Aid awarded to them.
- A total of 1,000 hours awarded aid is desired.
- Applicants must submit current resume stating name, address, phone number, applicable qualifications along with skills and interests.
- Submit to and pass a comprehensive criminal background check. (Note: This background investigation will generally take at least several weeks to complete and will significantly delay the date on which you will be able to start.)
- 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday thru Friday.
- Part time or full time hours available, 16-40 hours per week, depending on student availability and amount of aid awarded.
# Of Positions: Several depending on Help Desk needs, and student availability.