STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
Job Title: Archives and Records Center Assistant
Agency: C.O.P. - Auditor's Office, Archives and Records Management Division
Contact Person: Brian Johnson
Phone: (503) 865-4102
Address: 1800 SW 6th Ave., Suite 550, Portland, OR 97201
Pay: $11.00 per hour
Description of Duties:
- Assist with a variety of projects pertaining to historical and non-active governmental records.
- Duties may include research, reference, record retrieval and re-file services.
- Projects are dependent upon background, interests and skills.
- Applicants are required to be actively enrolled in college and have a Federal Work-Study Aid awarded to them.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. boxes, climb 10’ ladders and access boxes from all levels of records center shelving.
- Must have excellent organization, communication and analytic skills;
- Knowledge of computers and data entry skills, and an ability to work independently.
- Interest in historical records, reference and records management preferred but not required.
- Applicants may be required to submit to and pass a comprehensive criminal background check. (Note: This background investigation will generally take at least several weeks to complete and will significantly delay the date on which you will be able to start.)
Open hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Work schedules are flexible within the open hours.
# Of Positions: several depending on Archives & Records Center needs and student availability.