STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
Job Title: Sports Assistant
Agency: East Portland Community Center
Bureau: Portland Parks and Recreation
Contact Person: Gabe Barbee
Address: 740 SE 740 SE 106th Portland OR 97216
Description of Duties:
- Assist in sports classes, after school open gym and 3-4th grade in-house basketball league.
- Be a positive role model.
- Work with the EPCC Recreation Leader.
- Assist with: coaching (approx. 4 teams); teaching general team sports; supervising drop-in open gym program.
- Work with parents.
- Referee games.
- Promote fair play for all.
- Individual needs to be mature.
- Have working knowledge of team sports, rules, and strategies.
- Have good communication skills.
- Enjoy working with youth ages (6-17)
- Be able to communicate with parents.
- Monday – 12:00-5:00
- Tuesday – 2:30-6:15
- Wednesday – 12:00-6:15
- Saturday – 11:30-2:30
*some flexibility with schedule; may be split between more than one person
# Of Positions: 1-2