STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
Job Title: Educational Preschool Assistant
Agency: Montavilla Community Center (Portland Parks & Recreation)
Contact Person: Neal Brown
Phone: (503) 823-4101
Address: 8219 NE Glisan St, Portland, OR 97220
Pay: $8.40-$9.50, depending on experience
Description of Duties:
- Assists on-site educational preschool activities in a classroom setting.
- Set-up & clean-up of activities; assists in classroom student management as requested.
- Plan & implement room decorations & set-up learning stations.
- Work with individual students as requested.
- Provides information to the public concerning recreation programs.
- Provide a high level of customer service in all interactions with the general public, co-workers, and those contacted within the course of work.
- Ability to take initiative, be creative in developing support materials, understand age levels & abilities of children 2 ½-6 years.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with lead teacher, parents & recreation staff.
Fall, Winter, Spring only; will take application in summer for fall. You will be required to work 15 – 30 minutes prior to class beginning, as well as at the end of class.
- M/W/F – 9 – 11:30
- M/W/F – 12:15-2:45
- Tu/Th – 9-11
- Tu/TH –12-2
- M/W – 9-10:30
- M/W – 11-12:30
- M/W – 8:30 – 12:00
# Of Positions: Up to 3, depending on availability