STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: TechnologyOperational Analyst
Agency: Bureau of Technology Services
Contact Person: Art Alexander
Phone: (503) 823-4893
Address: 1900 SW 4th Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97201
Pay: $ 12.50
Description of Duties:
- Assist senior level managers in the City’s technology bureau with a variety of tasks and activities as needed. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with documentation of website content review and reorganization;
- Assist with development of statistical data presentations (creating graphs/charts);
- Document and post decisions and actions from organizational meetings such as Change Advisory Board, Customer Stakeholder’s Group, Request Intake Board;
- Assist with software and hardware asset information documentation and organization
- Other duties may include general office support, research, analysis, and other tasks as assigned.
- Training in Management Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and/or experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Access and other computer applications.
- Must have strong organization, analytical, communication, and writing/editing skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a work group.
- Ability to work in culturally diverse environment
- Applicants are required to be actively enrolled in college and have a Federal Work-Study Aid awarded to them.
- Applicants must submit current resume stating name, address, phone number, applicable qualifications along with skills and interests.
Work Schedule: Flexible hours between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday; 10 - 20 hours per week.
Positions Available: 1