2014-2015 STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
Job Title: Water Quality Assistant
Agency: Water Bureau
Contact Person: Kim Gupta
Phone: (503) 823-7642 Address: 1900 N. Interstate Ave., Portland, OR 97227
Pay: $11.00 per hour
Description of Duties:
- Assist in conducting research to understand impact of bureau operations on drinking water quality
- Assist in use of data management tools to provide water quality statistics and reports for the public and drinking water regulators.
- Routine duties including data entry and checking, copying and faxing, driving a city vehicle, and fulfilling ad hoc requests for data, graphs, and information.
- Technical background in one or more of these areas; environmental science, engineering, chemistry, biology, microbiology or geology.
- Basic computer skills including using MS Excel for graphs.
- Good writing ability.
- Ability to learn and ability to work independently.
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record.
Work Schedule: Flexible hours between 8am-6pm. Hours are typically about 10 hours a week during the school year.
Location: About two blocks north of the Broadway Brids on the east side of the river. Within a half mile of the location there are 5 bus lines (4, 17, 35, 44, and 85), the CL Streetcar Line, an dthe MAX Yellow Line.
# of positions: 1
Last Updated: July 2014