STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
Job Title: Water Quality Assistant
Agency: Water Bureau
Contact Person: Kim Gupta
Phone: (503) 823-7642 Address: 1900 N. Interstate Ave., Portland, OR 97227
Pay: $11.00 per hour
Description of Duties:
- Assist in conducting research to understand impact of bureau operations on drinking water quality
- Assist in use of data management tools to provide water quality statistics and reports for the public and drinking water regulators.
- Technical background in one or more of these areas; environmental science, engineering, chemistry, biology, microbiology or geology.
- Basic computer skills including using MS Excel for graphs.
- Good writing ability.
- Ability to learn and ability to work independently.
Work Schedule: Flexible hours between 8am-6pm. Hours are typically about 10 hours a week. The work location is about 2 blocks from the Broadway Bridge and can be reached by the #1 and #33 buses and interstate light rail (yellow line).
# Of Positions: 2