STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
Job Title: Educational Preschool Assistant
Agency:MattDishmanCommunity Center (PortlandParks & Recreation)
Contact Person: Ali Rice
Phone: (503) 823-3163
Address:77 NE Knott Street,PDX97212
Pay: $9.00-$10.00, depending on experience
Description of Duties:
- Assists on-site educational preschool activities in a classroom setting.
- Set-up & clean-up of activities; assists in classroom student management as requested.
- Plan & implement room decorations & set-up learning stations.
- Work with individual students as requested.
- Provides information to the public concerning recreation programs.
- Provide a high level of customer service in all interactions with the general public, co-workers, and those contacted within the course of work.
- Ability to take initiative, be creative in developing support materials, understand age levels & abilities of children 3-5 years.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with lead teacher, parents & recreation staff.
Fall, Winter, Spring only.
M/W/F – 9am – 12:00pm
M/W/F – 12:30-3:30pm
Tu/Thurs – 9am – 12:00pm
# Of Positions: Up to 3, depending on availability