- In general, Appeals shall not be considered filed until received by the Board Administrator.
- Copies of appeals to the HR Director and the HR Director's response should be forwarded to the Board Administrator for the record.
Appeals from Suspensions, Demotions and Discharges
- The Board may only review disciplinary actions of suspensions, demotions or discharge of permanent, non-probationary employees.
- An employee so disciplined must file a written appeal with the Board within 21 calendar days from the effective date of the discipinary action.
- Where a collective bargaining agreement provides a right of appeal to the Board concerning the discipline, and, as an alternative, the right to file a grievance under the labor agreement's grievance clauses, an employee who grieves the discipline shall be deemed by that action to have elected the labor agreement's grievance alternative, and no appeal to the Board after that election shall be allowed.
- An employee or appointing authority must file a written request for reconsideration of the decision of the HR Director's classification action within 14 calendar days after the effective date of the classification action.
- If the request for reconsideration is denied by the HR Director, a written appeal to the Board must be filed within 21 calendar days from the Director's written decision to deny.
- A candidate must file a written appeal to the HR Director within 14 calendar days after notice of the examination results are mailed.
- If denied by the HR Director, a written appeal to the Board must be filed within 21 calendar days after the Director's decision is mailed.