STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Off-Campus/College Work Study Program)
CITY OF PORTLAND
Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Study Positions are open and available only for students with college Work Study grants approved by a college Financial Aid Office.
Job Title: Early Childhood Education Assistant
Agency: St. John’s Community Center (Portland Parks & Recreation)
Contact Person: Peggy Thomson
Phone: (503) 823-3192
Address: 8427 (in the Mall 205 area)
Pay: $8.40 per hour
Description of Duties:
- Works under the supervision of professional educator and within well-defined operational guidelines.
- Assists on-site educational preschool activities in a classroom setting.
- Set-up, clean-up of activities.
- Assists in classroom student management as requested.
- Plan and implement room decorations and set-up learning stations.
- Works with individual students requested.
- Provides information to the public concerning recreation programs.
- Provide a high level of customer service in all interactions with the general public, co-workers, and those contacted within the course of work.
- Ability to take initiative, be creative in developing support materials, understand age levels & abilities of children 2.5-6 years.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with participants, parents, instructors & recreation staff.
- Knowledge of computers desired.
- Organizational skills are essential.
Work Schedule: Flexible, morning & afternoon hours
# Of Positions: Up to 4, depending on availability