The City has numerous sustainability policies and programs dedicated to reducing the City’s environmental impact of providing its services. City contract opportunities frequently incorporate product and service specifications that aim to:
- reduce/efficiently use energy and natural resources
- minimize waste
- minimize use of toxic chemicals
- reduce/minimize greenhouse gas emissions
- minimize land, water, and air pollution
Vendors with “green” products and services are encouraged to:
- Have products/services third-party certified to “green” standards that have been developed according to ISO/ANSI standards.
- Have legitimate documentation for non-certified “green” claims.
- Be familiar with FTC rules on environmental marketing.
- Walk your talk: “green” your own operations and measure and report on your progress.
Visit the City's Sustainable Procurement Program website for more information.