Loss Prevention Policy No. RMLP23
Risk Management, Portland, OR 03/26/2015
The City of Portland is required to record and report all work-related fatalities, injuries and illnesses.
The City of Portland is considered a single entity for this reporting. All work locations maintain independent records for injuries and illnesses. This information is used to provide the required annual summary for the City.
Work locations are required to report all Fatalities, Amputations, Loss of Eye and In-patient Hospitalizations to Oregon OSHA (OR-OSHA) and City Risk
Require work locations performing record keeping to annually provide the following to City Risk:
- OSHA Form 300 – Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses
- OSHA Form 300A – Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses
- OSHA Form 301 – Injury and Illness Incident Report
Require work locations reporting to OR-OSHA the following to include the reporting to City Risk:
- Notification of Fatalities
- Notification of Amputations
- Notification of Loss of Eye
- Notification of In-patient Hospitalization
OSHA Logs and reports to OR-OSHA are part of the Loss Prevent Effort and are to be completed.
This policy applies to all work locations.
Authority is provided under:
- City Code 3.54.020, OMF Risk Management Division Responsibility and Authority
- OAR 437-001-1005 through 437-001-1020, Rules for Administration of Loss Prevention Activities by Insurers/Self-Insured Employers – General
In compliance with:
- 29 CFR 1904, Recording and Reporting Occupational Injuries and Illness
- OAR 437-001-0700 (17), Recordkeeping and Reporting
- Annually compile all Bureau and work locations OSHA Logs (300, 300A, 301) for the City of Portland
- Annually report to Federal Bureau of Labor and Industries the compiled OSHA 300 and 300A Logs as one entity for the City of Portland
- Document all reported Fatalities, Catastrophes and Hospitalization communicated to OR-OSHA, ensure root cause incident investigations performed
- Provided training, assistance and guidance for OSHA Logs generation, archival, distribution and posting
- Provided training, assistance and guidance for reporting Fatalities, Catastrophes and Hospitalization to OR-OSHA
Bureaus & Work Locations:
- Maintain OSHA Logs (300, 300A, 301) for each calendar year and provide completed logs to City Risk
- Post OSHA Logs as required and for duration required in all applicable work locations
- Contact OR-OSHA for all Fatalities, Catastrophes and Hospitalization and notify City Risk of the incident