1900 SW 4th Ave, Suite 7100, Portland, OR 97201
Earth Advantage Institute - 808 SW 3rd Ave., Portland, OR 97204
Friday, October 11 2013, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Event Types > Community Events
SUSTAINABLE HOMES PROFESSIONAL (SHP) COURSE
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ENDS SEPT. 22nd!
Learn more at: earthadvantage.org/shp
When Oct 11, 2013 from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Where Earth Advantage Institute - 808 SW 3rd Ave., Portland, OR 97204
Contact Name Ryan Harper
Contact Phone 503-968-7160 x25
Our expert instructor, Stephen Aiguier (President & Founder of Green Hammer, Certified Passive House Consultant), has innovated and implemented cutting edge high performance building practices to advance the national standards of green building. Join this interactive six-month accreditation program and learn sustainable building best practices as Stephen guides participants through their own green projects by sharing practical tips on the following:
· -Building science fundamentals & moisture management
· -High performance wall & roof assemblies (insulation, air sealing, weatherization, etc.)
· -Integrated system design, mechanical systems & performance testing
· -Indoor air quality, green material considerations, health impacts of the build environment & water conservation
· ...and so much more!
Each of the 6 two-day modules integrate lecture and discussion, hands-on exercises, a guest speaker and two tours of certified homes. A certification exam at the end of the course allows participants to earn the designation of an accredited Sustainable Homes Professional (SHP).
Here's what SHP has in store for you...
· -Learn what it means for a home to be energy, water, and resource efficient while maintaining a safe, comfortable, healthy building
· -Gain a builder/designer-centric approach to Passive House, Net-Zero, Earth Advantage® Homes, LEED® for Homes, Energy Star, Living Building Challenge, and other certification program standards
· -Explore the full breadth of sustainable building practices from site layout to flooring selection
· -Put principles into practice with a cumulative hands-on final project
· -Experience 10 site tours to certified homes & 5 guest speaker presentations (see FB photos)
· -Earn professional differentiation with SHP designation, use of logo and professional profile
· -Develop a strong referral network with green building experts and fellow accredited SHPs
· -Benefit from marketing strategies & support to strengthen the business case for green building
· CCB: 80 ELECTIVE hours and 4 CORE CODES hours for all 6 modules; 2 core codes hours and 12 elective hours each for modules 2 and 3 & 14 elective hours all other individual modules
· AIA: 84 learning units for all 6 modules; 14 learning units for each individual module
· BPI: 42 continuing education units for all 6 modules; 7 units for each individual module
· OR Real Estate Agency: 84 hours for all 6 modules; 14 hours for each individual module
"I considered myself knowledgeable about green building, but thought I'd benefit from a refresher. This class went way beyond my expectations by providing loads of useful information that was new to me, and by challenging my assumptions. I feel much better informed and will be able to offer my clients more comprehensive architectural services as a result. The course was well worth the investment of time and energy, and I highly recommend it to anyone within the building industry. We must lead, not follow. "
— Keyan Mizani, Architect, SHP | eMZed Architecture LLC
Questions? Contact Ryan Harper at email@example.com or (503) 968-7160 x25.