The Community Working Group (CWG) for the SE 122nd Avenue Pilot Project is composed of neighbors, local business interests, social service providers, and at-large-members that represent and/or serve the diverse interests of the community along this portion of the SE 122nd Avenue corridor. There are 19 members from the following groups:
- Powellhurst-Gilbert Neighborhood Association
- David Douglas School Board
- Midway Business Association
- East Portland Chamber of Commerce
- ROSE Community Development Corporation
- Human Solutions
- Zenger Farms
- OPAL (Organizing People Activating Leaders)
- IRCO/African House
- Members at large provide expertise in public health, architecture and urban design, and state government
CWG members bring a variety of prespectives about the issues in the study area and serve as liaisons between project staff and the community. The CWG will help identify issues, review proposals, and provide a sounding board as recommendations for the SE 122nd Avenue Pilot Project are developed.
The CWG meets roughly once a month and members are encouraged to attend SE 122nd Avenue Pilot Project community events. Click here to see the Community Working Group description and application form.