Amends: 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, 910, 920Read More…
Curbside Hotline: 503-823-7202
1900 SW 4th Ave, Suite 7100, Portland, OR 97201
The future of the Portland-Vancouver metropolitan region's airport will be considered at a historic joint meeting and public hearing of the Portland City Council and the Port of Portland on March 16.
The Airport Futures project is a collaborative effort between the City, the Port and the Portland-Vancouver metropolitan community to create an integrated, long-range development plan for the airport, its neighbors and environs. The three-year planning process was guided by a 30-member planning advisory group, with input from other airport stakeholders. The process included 87 planning advisory group and subcommittee meetings, and 131 stakeholder meetings, where tough issues around noise, natural resources and transportation were resolved successfully.
The planning advisory group unanimously recommends that the:
• Port Commission accept the PDX Master Plan update and direct staff to submit the Airport Layout Plan to the Federal Aviation Administration for final review and acceptance.
• Portland City Council adopt the City Land Use Plan for the airport and environs.
• Port Commission, Portland City Council and Vancouver City Council sign an intergovernmental agreement establishing an ongoing PDX community advisory committee.
• Port Commission and Portland City Council sign two intergovernmental agreements identifying transportation mitigation, natural resource mitigation and enhancement, a follow-on noise work group action plan, and sustainability guiding principles and goals to guide the work of the Port, City and the PDX community advisory committee.
• Port Commission and Portland City Council accept the 14 additional planning advisory group recommendations.
The March 16 meeting begins at 6 p.m. at the Port's new headquarters, located on top of the long-term parking garage at Portland International Airport, 7200 N.E. Airport Way. The meeting is in the Chinook Room on the eighth floor.
The Portland City Council is currently accepting testimony on the recommended plan. Instructions for submitting testimony are provided below.
If you have any questions or would like paper copies or CDs of the recommendation please call 503-823-5869.
Copies of the planning advisory group’s final report, executive summary and other planning documents are available at www.pdxairportfutures.com. Follow-up meetings of the Port Commission and Portland City Council for possible adoption of the final products will be scheduled at the March 16 meeting.
The City will make reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Please notify us no fewer than five (5) business days prior to the event by phone at 503-823-7700, by the TTY line at 503-823-6868, or by the Oregon Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.