This upcoming Wednesday, June 29, an open house is being held to present the concept alternatives under consideration for the N/NE Quadrant and I-5 Broadway/Weidler Plans project. Anyone with interest in planning issues regarding the Lloyd District, Lower Albina and Rose Quarter areas is encouraged to attend, learn about the exciting work being done and provide feedback to project staff. See the calendar or event flyer for further details about the open house, and bring your thoughts, inputs and ideas to help shape the future of the N/NE Quadrant area.
Meanwhile, the Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) met on June 16 to discuss some of these concept alternatives under consideration. The themes of open spaces, green systems, transportation, housing and employment and the role that they play in guiding the future growth of the N/NE Quadrant were discussed. These themes will also be presented and discussed at the upcoming open house.
Some of the background documents discussed at the SAC meeting, and a preview of the information to be presented at the open house are currently available online.
- Quadrant-wide Concept Alternatives (Land Use, Urban Design and Local Transportation)
- Subarea Choices (Land Use, Urban Design and Local Transportation)
- Freeway and Local Transportation Concepts for the Broadway/Weidler interchange area
Stay involved by attending these upcoming meetings (see calendar for details):
- Joint Land Use and Transportation Subcommittee Meeting on Wednesday, July 13 where the concept evaluation process and criteria will be discussed.
- SAC Meeting #8 on Thursday, July 28 where feedback from the open house will be discussed, as well as a recommendation to reduce the number of freeway/local transportation concepts that continue to be studied.
For more information, please contact Stephanie Beckman (City of Portland) at (503) 823-6042 or email@example.com or Todd Juhasz (ODOT) at (503) 731-4753 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities. Please notify us no fewer than five (5) business days prior to the event by phone 503-823-7700, by the TTY line at 503-823-6868 or by the Oregon Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.