The City of Portland and Multnomah County seek interested community members to serve two-year terms on the Portland Multnomah Food Policy Council. Those interested in being considered for a January 2012 appointment should complete an application and submit it by October 21.
The Portland Multnomah Food Policy Council provides policy advice to local governments on food-related matters that impact land use, health, the environment, jobs, access, and other relevant issues.
Priorities for 2012 are expected to include:
- the availability of healthy, affordable food to all residents;
- food justice;
- urban food production and distribution/land use policies;
- expanding the networking role of the Council;
- the capacity of local communities to engage in healthy food practices; and
- food system strategic planning.