The February 23rd Open House at Gilbert Park Elementary School drew nearly 60 residents from along SE 122nd Avenue as well as the surrounding area.
The open house featured series six “stations” with information boards or posters. City staff were on hand to discuss the findings and concepts presented at the open house and record community members’ comments. The open house was set up as a series of six “stations” covering the following topics: Commercial Rezoning Proposal, Multi-Family Zoning, Home Businesses Home Design Issues, Small Business Resources, and Sidewalks.
Download the open House materials:
Here’s what they said
Participants were encouraged to fill out a survey about the project proposals. The information gathered is helping guide the project team to form their final recommendations for the project. Here are some highlights of the comments shared by residents either in person or through the Open House survey:
- “We need more commercial zoning along 122nd.”
- “We need more bikeable/walkable access to shopping.”
- “I think it’s good to let people start businesses in their home so long as it doesn’t hurt anybody.”
- “We want new housing to be compatible with existing housing. Not sticking out and different.”
- “We would like business to support our population – not just a busy street lined with apartment complexes.”
Thanks for your input!