The N/NE Quadrant Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) has been working for over a year and a half to address safety and operations issues that affect all modes of transportation travelling through the I-5 Broadway/Weidler Interchange and surrounding local streets. Their work will culminate at a June 7 meeting, when recommended improvements to the area will be presented in a draft I-5 Facility Plan. The public is invited to attend and comment on the proposal.
N/NE Quadrant Stakeholder Advisory Committee Meeting
Public Comments Invited
Thursday, June 7, 2012
5:30 – 8:30 p.m. (presentation at 5:30 p.m., public comment at 6:00)
Rose Garden Arena, RoseRoom, One Center Court
Directions: Enter the Rose Garden at the “Club and Suites Entrance” across from the Box Office and go to level P4. The Rose Room is through the double glass doors. Free parking is available in the Garden or Annex Parking Garages (let them know you are attending the City meeting). See map and detailed directions.
Main Elements of the Recommended I-5 Broadway/Weidler Interchange Improvements
The draft I-5 Facility Plan includes a detailed description and illustrations of the recommended improvements to the areas, including:
- Extend auxiliary lanes and full-width shoulders in both directions (within existing right-of-way).
- Reconstruct structures at Broadway, Weidler, Vancouver and Williams in their current alignment and add a lid over the freeway.
- Move the I-5 southbound on-ramp from Wheeler/Winning Way to Weidler.
- Convert Williams to reverse traffic flow with a center bike/pedestrian lane between Broadway and Weidler.
- Construct a new pedestrian/bike overcrossing at Clackamas Street.
- Remove the Flint structure and add a new east-west overcrossing extending from Hancock to Dixon.
After hearing public comments on the draft I-5 Facility Plan, the SAC will discuss the plan and potentially take action to endorse the plan.
A similar opportunity for public comment on the draft N/NE Quadrant Plan will be provided at the June 28 SAC meeting.
For more information about the draft I-5 Facility Plan, please contact Todd Juhasz, ODOT Project Manager at 503-731-4753.