Be Cart Smart: Mix paper, plastic, metal together in your blue Portland Recycles! roll cart. Glass belongs on the side in the yellow recycling bin. When it comes to recycling at home, Portland residents are national leaders. Find out how you can help to make a difference.
Blue recycling roll cart instructions
- Recycling is picked up every week. We recommend that you wait until the roll cart is at least half full before setting it out at the curb.
- Weight limit: 100 lbs
- Do not pack roll cart tightly, contents must fall out easily
- Remove empty containers from curb within 24 hours
- Do not put garbage in your recycling roll cart
- Find more recycling options
|YES – put these items together in your recycling roll cart|
Yellow glass bin recycling instructions
|YES – put these items together in your yellow, glass only bin|
Motor oil recycling instructions
|YES – you can recycle motor oil at the curb|
NO – keep all of these items out of your recycling
- plastic lids
- plastic bags
- rigid plastics including "clamshells," Tupperware, Rubbermaid, other reusable dishware
- plastic bottles that have come in contact with motor oil
- pesticides or herbicides
- light bulbs
- drinking glasses
- glass flower vases
- broken glass
If you are not sure whether an item is recyclable at the curb, call your garbage and recycling company or email us.