Wednesday, June 20 2012, 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
1900 SW 4th Ave., Portland, Conference Room 7A on the 7th Floor
The general public is invited to attend. For more information on the Comprehensive Plan Update and the Policy Expert Groups, visit www.portlandonline.com/bps/pdxcompplan/.
Welcome (11:30 a.m.)
Presenter: Joe Zehnder, Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability (BPS)
Introductions (11:40 a.m.)
Economic Development PEG Overview and Background (12:00 p.m.)
Presenter: Steve Kountz, BPS
Description: Summarize Economic Development PEG tasks and related background information
- Preliminary work plan for EDPEG meetings / BPS
- Oregon Statewide Planning Goal 9 (Economic Development) and Goal 9 Rule
- Draft Portland Economic Opportunities Analysis – Summary, June 2012 / BPS;
- Portland Comprehensive Plan - Economic Development Goal & Policies / BPS;
- Portland Plan – Economic Prosperity & Affordability Strategy / BPS
Discuss preliminary policy concepts (12:20 p.m.)
Related Materials: Preliminary Policy Concepts Handout / BPS
- Overall objectives for economic development
- Land development, transportation, and public facilities
- Land use in employment areas
Additional economic development priorities (1:05 p.m.)
Please identify any additional policy priorities to advance.
Public comment (1:20 p.m.)
For more information, please contact either Steve Kountz, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability, at 503-823-4551 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe Hertzberg, Facilitator at 503-249-0000 email@example.com.