The Planning and Sustainability Commission (PSC) has completed two work sessions on WHI, discussing environmental impacts, and community health and transportation concerns. The PSC has requested additional time to discuss a number of topics from these initial work sessions. This will occur on Feb. 26, 2013. The topics to be discussed include: the proposed truck cap; open space ownership; the timing of the proposed manufactured home park fund; the Port’s proposed sustainability policy; and floodplain mitigation.
On March 26, the PSC will have the final work session to discuss economics and finance. Staff will release a new draft plan and IGA in early April, with hearings at the PSC moving to May.
The updates to the WHI schedule look like this:
- Feb. 26, 6 - 9 p.m.: Continued work session and recommendations for environmental, community health and transportation (topics noted above)
- March 26, 6 - 9 p.m.: Final work session (economics and finances)
- April 5: New draft plan released
- April 9: PSC Briefing on draft plan
- PSC hearing and recommendations: May – Specific date(s) and time(s) TBD
Please check the PSC calendar for meeting agendas and times for WHI discussions.