Education and Youth Success Policy Expert Group Meeting #10
Date: Monday, April 15, 2013
Time: 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Location: 1900 SW 4th Avenue, Portland, 7th Floor - Conference Room 7A
- Gather final PEG feedback on the Working Draft Comprehensive Plan goals and policies
- Introduce Part 2 of Comprehensive Plan update: maps and systems
- Reach agreement on PEG final report / outcomes
Welcome and Announcements (5 minutes)
Facilitator: Clark Worth, Barney & Worth
Description: Re-introductions; review meeting objectives; announcements from group members
PEG DISCUSSION: Comprehensive Plan Working Draft Review (50 minutes)
Facilitators: Clark Worth; Deborah Stein, BPS
Description: Final PEG discussion and feedback on Working Draft Part 1 - Review of specific goal and policies for effectiveness at addressing issues of interest to the Education and Youth Success PEG, explore potential outcomes, and consider how they achieve or hinder aspirations for a more equitable city. See handout for discussion questions.
Introduction to Part 2 – Maps and Systems (30 minutes)
Presenter: Deborah Stein, BPS
Description: An overview of the next stage of the Comprehensive Plan that includes an update of land use maps and systems planning—to prepare for May 20 mapping workshop.
- How does the city’s land use map affect the physical and social health of youth?
- What changes to the city’s land use map and capital systems plan should we consider to advance goals and policies related to youth success?
- What information do PEG members need to inform this exercise?
PEG DISCUSSION: Process Outcomes (20 minutes)
Facilitator: Clark Worth
Description: PEG discussion on their preferred outcomes and work product(s)—group recommendations, report, individual comments, other options
Public Comment (10 minutes)
All guests are welcome to address the PEG at this time.
Wrap-up and Next Steps (5 minutes)
- Next PEG meeting Monday, May 20: mapping workshop / final PEG meeting
- Opportunities for further PEG member involvement