Community Involvement Policy Expert Group
Meeting No. 11
Date: April 18, 2013
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Location: City Hall, 1221 SW 4th Avenue,Portland, Pettygrove Room
- Report out on community involvement and equity connections in Working Draft Chapters 2-8
- Discuss and refine organizational structure for Working Draft Chapter 1 Community Involvement
Welcome, Meeting Overview and Introductions (6:00 p.m. / 5 minutes)
Presenter: Deb Meihoff, facilitator
Updates and Announcements (6:05 p.m. / 10 minutes)
Presenters: Paul Leistner, Office of Neighborhood Involvement (ONI) and MartyStockton, BPS / PEG Co-leads
- Work and progress from the PIAC Comprehensive Plan Work Group from April meeting
- Update on outcomes from community workshops and other community conversations
PEG REPORTS: Findings of Community Involvement and Equity related Policies in Chapters 2-8 (6:15 p.m. / 45 minutes)
Presenters: CI PEG members, as follows:
Introduction – Greg
Chapter 2 Housing – Greg
Chapter 3 Economic Development – Morgan M.
Chapter 4 Watershed Health and the Environment – Desiree
Chapter 5 Urban Design and Development – Linda and Robb
Chapter 6 Public Facilities and Services – Polo and Glen
Chapter 7 Transportation – Marty and Glen
Chapter 8 Administration and Implementation – Sara
Description: PEG members will report out on their findings of relationships and/or areas that need to link more closely to the policies of Chapter 1 Community Involvement and issues surfaced in the equity review of the Working Draft (as it relates to community involvement).
- Equity analysis questions - review against question no.5
- Summary of Equity Technical Memo by Anita Yap (Dec. 2012)
- Working Draft Part 1 of the Comprehensive Plan
FACILITATED DISCUSSION: Discuss and Refine Organizational Structure of Chapter 1 (7:00 p.m. / 45 minutes)
Facilitator: Deb Meihoff
Description: The PEG co-leads will review options to restructure Chapter 1, followed by a facilitated discussion. The discussion will conclude with a group decision on the best way to organize the community involvement goals and policies that most clearly and effectively communicates the intended outcomes and ease of use.
- City of Portland Public Involvement Principles
- Blueprint for a Citizen Involvement Program, pp.5-7 - Oregon Citizen Involvement Advisory Committee (2008)
- California’s Institute for Local Government Public Engagement Principles
- How is the Comp Plan Currently Used - handout
Public Comment (7:45 p.m. / 10 minutes)
Next Steps and PEG Check-in (7:55 p.m. / 5 minutes)
Presenter: Marty Stockton, BPS
- Preparation / assignments for May meeting
- PEG Check-in: Are you getting the information and support needed to be effective? Is the process working / what changes do we need to consider? Please complete evaluation form.
Adjourn (8:00 p.m.)
For more information, please contact either Marty Stockton, BPS at 503-823-2041 or email@example.com; Paul Leistner, ONI at 503-823-5284 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Deb Meihoff, Facilitator at 503-358-3404 or email@example.com.