The Open Space zone is intended to preserve and enhance public and private open, natural, and improved park and recreational areas identified in the Comprehensive Plan. These areas serve many functions including:
- Providing opportunities for outdoor recreation.
- Providing contrasts to the built environment.
- Preserving scenic qualities.
- Protecting sensitive or fragile environmental areas.
- Preserving the capacity and water quality of the stormwater drainage system.
- Providing pedestrian and bicycle transportation connections.