The original Fire Information System (FIS) was custom-built by Portland Fire and Rescue (PF&R) but had aged and required replatforming to provide a modern and supported .NET architecture. PSSRP provided Project Management services for this effort, and working with the PF&R-based BTS Development Team, completed the replatforming of the core modules (Personnel, Incident, Training, Journal and Pre-Fire) in June of 2014. BTS and PF&R assumed ownership of the project at that point and subsequently put the system through several levels of user and technical testing.
Currently, the .NET based FIS modules are live and in use, and other modules are being replatformed to be added into the system as they are completed. PF&R is exploring options to add mobile device use as well as other user-requested features.
This completes the scope of the project.
- Unit and Integration testing of these modules is also complete as per the project schedule.
- 45 issues were discovered during the Unit / Integration testing.
- 10 issues were deemed significant and were immediately addressed
- Fixes have been applied to all issues in Journal, Pre-Fire and Personnel.
- Fixes are in progress for the issues in Incident and Training, and will be addressed before the modules are moved over for User Testing.
PSSRP Project Management: Complete
- The PSSRP PM has transitioned the project to BTS and PF&R as of June 30, 2014.
- PSSRP QA consultant attended the final team meeting and will include observations in the final QA report.
Post-project planning: Update:
- BTS and Portland Fire & Rescue continue preparations for the transition of the project.
- User testing resources have been identified and the testing environment is in place
- The development team has a Team Lead/PM to start on July 1st.
- A project schedule including the tasks, durations and resources required through Go-live is in development as joint effort of BTS and PF&R. The completion date for the schedule is June 30.
- Scripts for User Testing and User Documentation updates are in development.
- All pending Unit and Integration Testing-identified issues will we addressed prior to modules being turned over for User Testing.
For general questions related to this project you may contact the Project Manager, Mark Tanner (email@example.com).