Timekeepers (and Change Agents):
Here we go! It’s almost the end of the first pay period with the new time schema and, for many of you, the first pay period with the new time sheet.
- Time Redesign Class Questions: The questions which were posed during the Timekeeper classes have been answered. Click HERE to see the answers. Remember that, if you have a question, your first contact should be your bureau’s lead timekeeper. Lead timekeepers will contact the CTAs if they need assistance.
- Certify the Time Sheet: Please remind your employees to certify their time sheets (if you haven’t already!) no later than Wednesday night (or whenever your bureau’s business practice dictates).
- WebEx Sessions: Please note the following WebEx sessions this week:
Timekeeper Tools, Thursday at 3pm
ESS Time Sheet, Wednesday at 2pm
MSS Approvals & Delegations, Thursday at 9am and Friday at 9am
Please register on the CityLearner page.
If you see / hear a need for MORE of these classes, contact Tracey Letmate. She will schedule additional sessions which will be available to register on the CityLearner page.
- Support Materials: We understand that some people are having trouble opening the cheat sheets and videos on the SAPRWD web site. Here is a link to the cheat sheets on the EBS web site; we’re still working on relocating the videos.
Answers to questions we’re getting asked:
- If a manager or an employee doesn’t get an email notification they are expecting, please ask them to check their junk mail folder.
- If an employee doesn’t seem to be able to enter any time, please make sure that a) they’re in the correct pay period and b) that they haven’t already certified their time sheet and made it “read only”. (Of course they can cancel certification to enter any changes up to the Wednesday deadline.)
- If an employee enters time for a full day (8 hours ASCK, for example), clock time does not populate on the time sheet.
- The time sheet and CityLink website is only compatible with Internet Explorer. Please verify that your employee is using Internet Explorer if he or she tells you that the cursor just spins when attempting to certify time.
Again, thank you for your help and patience as we all begin to teach City employees how to use these new tools!