OMF will convene monthly meetings of the City’s lead business managers. The CAO will participate in meetings; the OMF Business Operations Division Manager will develop the agenda and convene the meetings. The City’s business managers will develop and lead agenda topics.
Purpose of the Meeting
- Share information: Share new information from committees, studies, surveys and business-process re-engineering efforts that would apply or be of interest to other bureaus.
- Share good ideas: Share examples of administrative procedures, forms, reports, checklists, etc. etc. to promote learning and best practices throughout the City.
- Share problems: Initiate discussions on current business or administrative problems in order to problem solve solutions.
- Provide feedback: Invite representatives who develop City business processes to hear feedback from the front line staff who implement the processes.
- Support project research: Lead efforts to research a deeper dive into a particular issue or lead a project. This could involve additional bureau staff as invited by the business managers.
- Add value: The group will not be charged with making decisions, but instead provide feedback. The group will not duplicate the efforts of another governance body in the City.
- Not a substitution for direct talk: The focus of the meetings will not be on airing complaints but on finding solutions from within the group.
Roles of Members
- Each bureau will select one member to participate in the discussion group. The member can send an alternate if unable to attend the meeting. Members can invite additional staff as presenters.
- Each agenda item will be sponsored and introduced by at least one member. The member is responsible for preparing and sharing materials needed for the discussion.
- No meeting summaries are prepared. Materials shared at the meeting will be posted on a website.
- Monthly meetings will be for one hour. Agenda topics will usually be 10-20 minutes in duration, with time for announcements.
- OMF will create an Outlook group email list with the members.