Hearing on City and PDC BudgetRead More…
About Your Budget Testimony
The following general testimony tips may help in formulating your budget testimony to the City Council. You may submit written testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Council's Approval and Adoption of the annual budget.
- The written testimony you provide is forwarded to the City Council members prior to their vote on the budget during each budget stage.
- Please provide your name and zipcode, both are required for official testimony.
- When providing testimony, submitting a concise summary of the issues with specifics is the most effective way to communicate with the City Council.
- Attending a hearing is your opportunity to testify in person.
- Following brief introductory remarks, hearings will be devoted to citizen testimony.
- It is possible that more citizens may want to testify than time allows. You are encouraged to bring written testimony to submit to the record to assure your views are registered. Single copies can be submitted to staff present at the hearing; if you bring six (6) copies, they can be submitted directly to the City Council.
An Approved Budget will be voted on at City Council at one of its regular meetings in May. A City Council vote to adopt the final budget follows in June. Please be sure to track this community budget web site for more detailed information and additional opportunities to participate in the budget process. Thank you for your participation!