Consider hosting an educational event in Fall/Winter in preparation for next year's budget. We need your voice in determining which priorities are most important to Portland residents!
Phase One: Budget 101 and 201 Trainings
- Knowledge about City services and budgeting to empower residents.
- Budget 101 is an overview of the budget process and opportunities for involvement.
- Budget 201 looks more in-depth at a budget-related topic of the group’s choice.
- City staff can attend your community group meeting to present training and facilitate discussion.
- Budget 101 and 201 educational sessions run Fall-Spring.
Budget 101 presentation Feel free to use!
Phase Two: Host a Budget Event
- Phase two puts knowledge into practice.
- Host your own community event to discuss budget priorities and the City of Portland will match up to $300 toward the cost of space rental, materials, and food for each event.
- Partnership responsibility includes contributing to the event through outreach and planning.
- City staff can help facilitate the events and address your budget questions.
- Great chance for your community group to voice your opinion about budget decisions currently being proposed by City bureaus.
- Collaboration of 2-3 community groups is requested for these events.
To apply or for more information contact:
Sarah Diffenderfer 503-823-6925