MEDIA PARKING PERMIT RULES
Administrative Rule Adopted by Bureau of Transportation Systems Management Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
1. As authorized by Code section 16.20.610, a media permit allows parking in any area designated by the permit.
2. To be eligible for this permit the applicant must be a (n employee of a) radio or television station or a newspaper with daily circulation. Permits must be gathered for news purposes only.
3. Permitties must observe restrictions/conditions of permit issued.
4. The Permit may contain the following rules:
a) The permit must be clearly displayed in lower center of the windshield when services performed.b) This permit remains the property of the City of Portland and must be surrendered upon demand by any authorized officer.c) It is unlawful to display this permit in any vehicle other than that for which it is issued, and then only when the vehicle is parked as specified on the permit.d) If permit is lost or stolen, there is a $15 replacement charge per permit.
5. This permit may not be used in addition to time on the meter.
6. The Bureau may deny requests for permits or impose such limitations, as it deems necessary.
7. Permits are issued by Mail Only.
8. Permits are issued annually and fees are prorated based on purchase dates as follows:
a) 1/1-3/31: $100 per permitb) 4/1-6/30: $75 per permitc) 7/1-9/30: $50 per permitd) 10/1-12/31: $25 per permit
9. In addition to any penalty imposed by the court as a result of a citation, violations of this permit will be penalized as follows:
a) 2nd violation: 10 days suspension of permitb) 3rd violation: 30 days suspension of permitc) 4th violation: revocation of permit
10. Failure to surrender a suspended permit within 10 days of the date notification of suspension will result in cancellation of that permit for the remainder of the year.
11. Continued noncompliance may result in an examination of whether future permits will be issued.
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 5, 2003.
(Re-indexed by City Auditor October 2005 - formerly indexed as BCP-TRN-3.07)