FIRE REGULATIONS FEE SCHEDULE
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. Portland Fire & Rescue (PF&R) charges fees for permits, code enforcement inspections, fire reports and miscellaneous services to recover partial costs for PF&R Prevention programs.
2. The Fee Schedule is in Portland Policy Document FIR-12.01.
3. The FY2013-14 adopted budget includes a Budget Decision directing the increase of Code Enforcement fines and fees to raise ongoing annual revenue by approximately $150,000.
4. The code enforcement fees have not been changed since 2007. With the rising costs to deliver services, PF&R must increase fees to meet cost recovery goals.
5. PF&R consulted our Prevention Advisory Council (PAC) on the proposed fee increases. The PAC consists of six representatives from outside organizations and businesses.
6. The current illegal fireworks citation fees for first, second and third offenses are $250, $500 and $1000. PF&R believes that an increase in the citation amounts to $500, $1000 and $2000, along with the addition of new citation categories for sale of illegal fireworks and use of illegal fireworks causing an imminent hazard to life and property will improve code compliance.
7. In September 2013 policy FIR 8.09 – Sprinkler Requirements for Nightclubs in Existing Buildings was established through Ordinance 186247. A citation has been added to the fee schedule that specifically addresses violation of this policy.
8. Portland Policy Document FIR-12.01, adopted by Council in 2010, sometimes caused confusion for customers unfamiliar with PF&R business processes. Additional minor changes have been made by PF&R to improve customer satisfaction and service.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
A. Fire regulation fee schedule is hereby adopted as shown in Exhibit A and shall be effective July 1, 2014.
Emergency Ordinance No. 180277, passed by City Council and effective June 28, 2006.
Amended by Emergency Ordinance No. 180728, passed by City Council and effective January 17, 2007.
Amended by Emergency Ordinance No. 181957, passed by City Council and effective June 25, 2008.
Amended by Ordinance No. 183875, passed by City Council June 9, 2010 and effective July 1, 2010.
Amended by Emergency Ordinance No. 184618, passed by City Council and effective May 25, 2011.
Amended by Ordinance No. 186609, passed by City Council May 28, 2014 and effective June 27, 2014.