(a) The Auditor shall be responsible for the following activities:
1. Performance of financial and performance audits of the City, including audits of its boards and commissions, franchises and contracts;
2. Supervision of City elections;
3. Maintenance of all official records, including records of the various bureaus, records regarding the City Charter and City Code, and all other records regarding City business;
4. Provision of official certifications as required by this Charter; and
5. Other duties as may be assigned by the Council with the consent of the Auditor, or as prescribed by Charter.
(b) The Auditor may delegate, subject to the Auditor's supervision, any of these duties to other City officials or may contract with outside service providers. The Auditor shall remain responsible for the provision of these services. The Council shall provide staffing, funding, and facilities for the Auditor to carry out these duties. [Ch. 1903, sec. 272; rev. 1914, sec. 68; 1928 pub., sec. 68; 1942 recod., sec. 2-402; rev. Nov. 6, 1962; am. May, 20, 1986; am. May 18, 1994.]