A. The Auditor shall conduct financial and performance audits of all bureaus, offices, boards, activities, functions and agencies of the City of Portland to independently determine whether:
1. Activities and programs being implemented have been authorized by City Charter or Code, state law or applicable federal law or regulations;
2. Activities and programs are being conducted in a manner contemplated to accomplish the objectives intended by City Charter or Code, state law or applicable federal law or regulations;
3. The activities or programs efficiently and effectively serve the purpose intended by City Charter, Code, state law or applicable federal law or regulations;
4. Activities and programs are being conducted and funds expended in compliance with applicable laws;
5. Revenues are being properly collected, deposited and accounted for;
6. Resources, including funds, property and personnel, are adequately safeguarded, controlled and used in a faithful, effective and efficient manner;
7. Financial and other reports are being provided that disclose fairly and fully all information that is required by law, that is necessary to ascertain the nature and scope of programs and activities and that is necessary to establish a proper basis for evaluating the programs and activities;
8. There are adequate operating and administrative procedures and practices, systems or accounting internal control systems and internal management controls which have been established by management; or
9. Indications of fraud, abuse or illegal acts are identified for further investigation.
B. Audits shall be conducted in accordance with Government Auditing Standards for financial and performance audits issued by the Comptroller General of the United States.