(Amended by Ordinance No. 178428, effective May 26, 2004.)
A. It is unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm in the City or upon its boundaries.
B. This Section does not apply to:
1. A person discharging a firearm in the lawful defense of person or property;
2. A person discharging a firearm on a public or private shooting range, shooting gallery, or other area designed, built, and lawfully operating for the purpose of target shooting;
3. A person conducting an athletic contest who fires blank ammunition toward the sky;
4. A person authorized to fire blank ammunition as part of military or police ceremonies;
5. A person authorized by permit of the Chief of Police to discharge blank ammunition for a lawful purpose;
6. Hunter safety instructors of the Oregon State Game Commission or their pupils who are engaged in hunter safety training classes sponsored by the Commission;
7. A police officer in the performance of official duty;
8. Employees or contractors of the Port of Portland engaged in flight safety hazard abatement at and around Portland International Airport to comply with FAR Part 139.337.