(Amended by Ordinance No. 176469, effective July 1, 2002.)
A. Sign and awning permits.
1. Initial permit. If no inspection approval has taken place within six months of issuance of a sign or awning permit, the permit is void, and no further work may be done at the premises until a new permit has been secured and a new fee paid. Each time an inspection approval is granted, the permit is deemed to be automatically extended for six months, until final approval is granted.
2. Extensions. The Director may extend a permit for one period of six months upon finding that the permittee was unable to commence or continue work for reasons beyond his or her control. A request for permit extension must be in writing and must be received by the Director before the permit expiration date. If an inspection approval has not been granted within this extended time period, the permit is void. A permit may be extended only once under the standards of this subparagraph.
3. Renewals. A permit that has been expired for six months or less may be renewed provided no changes have been made in the original plans and specifications for such work. A permit may be renewed only once. No permit that has been expired for more than six months may renewed.
1. Temporary banners. Each registration for a temporary banner is valid for a maximum of 30 days. A banner may be registered for a maximum of 6 times in a calendar year.
2. Balloon signs. Registration for temporary balloons is valid for a maximum of one week. Balloon registrations may not be extended or renewed.
3. Portable signs. Registration for portable signs is valid for either 1 or 2 years as requested by the applicant. At the end of each registration period, portable sign registration must be renewed or the sign must be removed from display. There is no limit to the number of renewals for a portable sign registration.
4. Temporary fascia or temporary freestanding signs. Registration for temporary fascia and temporary freestanding signs is valid for a maximum of 360 days. Registrations may not be extended or renewed.