A. No person shall provide residential recycling collection without first applying for and receiving approval as an approved residential recycler.
B. To have status as an approved residential recyclers an applicant must receive the City’s approval of recycling collection and processing plans prior to initiation of collection service, and at subsequent times as provided in the administrative rules.
C. To receive approval as an approved residential recycler, an applicant shall submit a recycling collection and processing plans on forms provided by the Director and shall include, at a minimum, the following information:
1. Number of residential households to be served;
2. Description of recycling collection equipment;
3. Address and City zoning classification of all processing/storage sites that relate to collection services provided in the City;
4. Description of all processing and storage activities that relate to collection services provided in the City;
5. List of markets where each recyclable material will be sold;
6. List of the number of staff, their positions and full-time equivalent (FTE) for each;
7. Address and phone number of office;
8. Cost of recycling collection and processing equipment, the financial institution used and type of financing obtained; and
9. Any subcontracted collection services, including the names of the providers, description of the services provided and the number of customers served.
10. Written consent of the franchisee in whose territory the applicant seeks to provide collection service.
11. Other information as deemed relevant and necessary by the Director.
D. The Director shall review the recycling collection and processing plans submitted by an applicant to determine if the plan sets out reasonable means and methods to deliver high quality recycling to City residents, and which are capable of meeting administrative rule standards for residential recycling service delivery. The Director shall notify the applicant of the decision on his/her status as an approved residential and any recommended modifications if approval is not given. Approved residential recyclers shall use recycling containers that meet the Director’s specifications.
E. An applicant’s failure to receive the Director’s approval of a plan shall result in denial of the City’s permission for that applicant to provide recycling collection service and the appointment of another approved residential recycler by the Director to provide recycling collection service to those residential customers.